Standard process for a couple to get civil marriage certificate at the sector.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, National ID Agency should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear National ID Agency,

I would like to ask for the following information under Law no 04/2013 of 08/02/2013 relating to access to information.

I am writing a news story about cases of underage girls on 18 years or even below legally married in Western province.

1.what are the powers of the civil registration and notary officer (known locally as "état civil") at the sector to provides proof to a couple intending to get married?
2. How is the authenticity of a document which replaces lost ID verified before accepting marriage
3. Is there any monitoring approach to civil registration and notary officers ?

Yours faithfully,

Niyigena Alphonsine
Witter at