Unhappy about the response you got?

If ...

  • You didn't get a reply within three working days
  • You did not get all of the information that you requested or
  • Your request was refused, but without a reason valid under the law

... you can

  1. Ask for an internal review at the public authority.
  2. If that doesn't help, complain to the Office of the Ombudsman.
  3. Either way, also use other means to answer your question.

1. Asking for an internal review #

At the bottom of the relevant request page on Sobanukirwa choose "request an internal review". Then write a message asking for an internal review of your request. You may want to include a link to the request page, to make it clear which request you are talking about.

2. Complaining to the Office of the Ombudsman #

If you are still unhappy after the public authority has done their internal review, then you can complain to the Office of the Ombudsman. To do this read How to complain on the Ombudsman's website.

To make it easier to send the relevant information to the Office of the Ombudsman, either include a link to your request on Sobanukirwa in your complaint or print out the whole page of your request and all attachments.

Sobanukirwa has no special facilities for handling a request at this stage - it passes into the Ombudsman's system. You can leave annotations on your request keeping people informed of progress.

3. Using other means to answer your question #

You can try persuing your problem or your research in other ways.

  • Make a new ATI request for summary information, or for documentation relating indirectly to matters in your refused request. Ask us for ideas if you're stuck.
  • If any other public authorities or publicly owned companies are involved, then make ATI requests to them.
  • Ask other researchers who are interested in a similar issue to yours for ideas. You can sometimes find them by browsing this site; contact any registered user from their page.